Location: Amphoe Muaeng, Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Bus Terminal
There are two bus terminals in Chiang Rai:
– Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 1 (Old Bus Station) is located in the center of town. Buses coming from towns in Chiang Rai province such as Chiang Khong and Mae Sai stop here. From here you take the bus south from Chiang Rai to Phayao and Chiang Rai to Lampang. Greenbus services to and from Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai also arrive and depart from here, after stopping to drop off or pick up passengers in Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 2.
– Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 2 (New Bus Station) is 7 km. south of the city, just off the Super Highway. Buses from elsewhere in Thailand stop here. Greenbus services to and from Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai and Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai stop by here on the way to Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 1, or on the way to Chiang Rai after departing from Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 1. During the busy season, it is best to buy your bus ticket in advance on our website Busonlineticket.
GreenBus is the most popular bus operator serving buses from Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai with three choices of coach type: A-Class, X-Class and V-Class. GreenBus Thailand offers more than 35 daily departures from Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai. All the buses deployed by GreenBus Thailand are fully equipped with air-conditioner, spacious reclining seat, adequate legroom space and built-in toilet in the bus to allow passengers having pleasant and comfortable bus travel experience.
Phahonyothin Road, San Sai, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57000 See in Google Map »
Popular Bus Routes in Chiang Rai Bus Terminal
Passengers can buy Chiang Rai Bus Terminal online and book for a trip from or to Chiang Rai Bus Terminal at BusOnlineTicket.co.th. We have partnered with various operators to provide the most comprehensive online booking portal for our customers. You can check bus schedules, compare prices and book the tickets for buses departing from Bentong Bus Terminal and many other bus terminals and locations on our website.
Below are some of the popular Chiang Rai Bus Terminal bus routes available for online booking:
|Chiang Rai to Bangkok||13:00 – 18:30||THB 698|
|Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai||07:30 – 17:45||THB 196|
|Chiang Rai to Lampang||09:30||THB 100|
|Bangkok to Chiang Rai||09:30 – 20:30||THB 643|
|Chiang Rai to Chiang Rai||07:00 – 17:45||THB 196|
Check schedule for other bus online booking
Popular Bus in Chiang Rai Bus Terminal
How to Go to Chiang Rai Bus Terminal?
There is a songthaew (Blue minibus) connecting the two bus terminals. It costs 15 baht per person and takes every 15 minutes. Some drivers ask you to pay more if there are fewer than 10 passengers, despite what the official price list posted inside the songthaew says. You can just wait for the next one and pay 15 baht.
However, said service only operates until 5 p.m. and thereafter, tuk tuk, motorcycle taxi is cost 50 Baht and taxicab exist for the trip back into town. Both bus stations have plenty of tuk-tuk and songthaew outside, as well as a few metered taxis at Chiang Rai Bus Terminal 2.
Chiang Rai Bus Terminal Contact Details
75 Moo 6 Phahonyothin Road, San Sai, Mueang Chiang Rai District, Chiang Rai 57000
Amenities at Chiang Rai Bus Terminal
Chiang Rai Bus Terminal offers sufficient facilities and services to be utilized before a departure. Facilities provided include several information boards displaying bus arrival as well as departure timings, a canteen, sundry shops, kiosks, toilets, proper boarding and alighting berths along with a spacious sheltered waiting area..
Why Book Chiang Rai Bus Terminal?
- No log in required to book
- Earn loyalty points & redeem discounts
- Various secured payment methods including eWallet
- Most trusted online booking portal
- Up to 200 operators choice
- More than 5,000 routes
How to buy a bus ticket from or to Chiang Rai Bus Terminal?
Do I need to register to book a Chiang Rai Bus Terminal?
Which bus company is available for online booking?
Which bus route is available for online booking?
Do I need to print anything to board the bus if I booked the ticket online?
Are the ticket prices offered on BusOnlineTicket.co.th same as the counter?
Other Popular Terminals in Thailand